Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont feel good today.......................it feels as if the seven dwarfs needed a new location to mine in and they chose my throat. The good news is that I am sure that they are well into the 21st century from the way they are using the pneumatic drills.
Its actually not that bad, it only hurts when i eat, drink, speak or breathe. But the worst part of this is that its just not bad enough for me to take a leave. But my office is thinking of giving me an off tomorrow...... I have designed this cough(yup! i do mean designed...as i practied the whole of last night to make it perfect....) which sounds like the proverbial 'death rattle'...... trust me, every time i let it go, the whole office shudders and they watch me with lovely expressions of disgust while i search for my lungs that should have come out in the force(I wonder if lungs are actually white and yellow globules.......... new discovery?????).
The only positive is the fact that nobody comes near my desk and so I am free to do what i want. my boss did ask me abt the quote that i was to send today and when i said,"Cough!!!(splat...... a piece of my 'lung' on his red tie)aheeeemmmgggglllglgl" he was very understanding and told me to take it easy and gave me his tie as a present.......nice guy.
So I went to a doctor in the afternoon and was promptly told to go back in the evening as the doc was off for his afternoon siesta........So I decided to have lunch and went to burger king and had a whopper meal(it was sooooooo difficult to drink all of the coke....but i managed....test of true determination). Then I went back to the clinic and luckily for me the doc was free(after paying aed.50 of course) and saw me immidiately. Then I did a brief i-pod impression, when he was listening to various parts of my body .... and he proclaimed that I had a chest conjestion.....I have no idea how that is as I had pain only in my throat....the fool!!, and told me to follow the hot nurse and take the medication. She took me to a small room and asked me to drop my pants.....yaaayyyyyyyyy.....OUCHHHHHH...... i dont have to tell u what heppened next..... Now, i have a cough, sore throat and a sore right cheek!!!!!!! I am standing and typing this in..........................

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor poor u... can i suggest a medication?
put some pepper in ur whiskey and a glass full at a go;p heard its effective...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

sadly, i drink only beer..... and the actual pepper cocktail is with brandy....but i dont know how pepper with cold beer will work

10:11 AM  
Blogger Nautilus said...

In that case, how about you mix beer and tomato juice, half and half. Add a dash of Tabasco and a dash of Worcestershire. Voila!! A Beer Bloody Mary. The tabasco should clear your throat and tomato juice has lots of Vitamin C :-)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

am truly down and out......so wil ltry ur suggestion today nautilus

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! ROFL at the intro.....I came wandering in thru' Maya's blog. Hope u get well soon, dude.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

@ ducky: Welcome... and thanks a lot......i hope i get well soon too

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do u feel now rahul???

9:38 AM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

@ Maya: Much better now....back to work and am bloody swamped...whoever said 'life is beautiful'....

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'lovely expressions of disgust' haaahahahahaheeehehehe
lungs are white and yellow globules' - YIKES DAT WAS DISGUSTING RAHUL.
'...presented me his tie..'
wots a stronger word for 'disgusting'??

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home