Monday, April 24, 2006

My day...

Now as I drown in the sarcasm spawned by maya, je suis la femme and Nautilus about my last post, (which is total crap... the post.... for the record) I realize how much the blog world is influencing me and my daily life now.
A typical WORK day,

05.30 am : Jogging, gym, heavy workout... (as the ppl who know me grasped, its a technicolor dream)

07.30 am : Snooze the alarm

07.40 am : Ditto

07.50 am : Ditto

08.00 am : Throw alarm into the strategically placed laundry bin

08.15 am : Mobile alarm rings.....

08.17 am : Up ..... moning download....shave .....shower....

08.25 am : Leave for office (Quite Mr.Beanish )

08.30 am : Search for parking

08.45 am : Search for parking (Yup..... its the toughest thing in Dubai)

08.50 am : Double park behind the least arab owned looking car (Nissan Sunny or Toyoto corolla - the ultimate malabari vehicles )

09.00 am : Check for comments on my blog (Smile to self at the couple of comments that may b there)

09.01 am : Check outlook for my mails (Got my priorities right)

09.02 am : Browse all the 30 odd blogs on my favs

10.00 am : Reply to my official mails

Ok ... this is getting boring. To put a loooong stupid story short, I spend almost 25 percent of my most productive (ahem) time blog surfing. And the best part of my day is usually when I see a new comment on my blog..... and the second best when some extremely popular blogger acknowledges one of my dumb wisecrack with a smiley or if I am lucky, with an answer to my comment. So much so that on a day when i dont have any comments on my blog, I visit as many new blogs ( for me) as possible and leave my link so that someone might visit and leave a comment. Shit!!! Looks like my Attention seeking... no.... spotlight seeking, fluctuating self esteemed weirdo persona is encroaching on my virtual identity too.
But it has given me a reason to be in the office and try to get some work done, as opposed to taking a couple of bogus appointments to go home and sleep.....

11 Comments:

Blogger Jellybutt said...

Hey you're not alone. I'm very "productive" too which is why I stay in the office for 12 hours. :P

9:44 AM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

@ j s l f : I am sure that the free internet has got nothing to do with it of course...
I dont doubt its similar for a lot of the brethern :-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger ichatteralot said...

Funny, even I can do serious blogging and blog surfing only at work and not at home! Dont tell my boss that I spend almost 50% of my productive time on this :)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..came here blog hoppin...love reading blogsss...started off with Maya's blog and it caught on as a habit...cant stay away...
Well well yr day is not any diff from mine..and i just loved the gym bit and snoozin the alarmss and finally gettin off with it !!booooo
take care !!!!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Nautilus said...

rahul, you know you are not alone :-) most of us are compulsive blog-hoppers!! I guess its better than chat-addiction!

9:20 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

ok, you just wrote down my schedule. almost every part of it is ditto me except:
08.25 am : Leave for office
08.30 am : Search for parking


i'm so envious that you reach off in 5 minutes. i live about 7 kms from work and i take 30 minutes!!
most depressing.

so true about checking for comments!
hope seeing a new comment from me brings some cheer to your life. Your's definitely did for me. :-)

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:d rahul!!!
i do it too! wake up at 8:D

10:54 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh hello, we can start a club. What'll we call it? Employees Who Are Busy Surfing or Blogging When They Ought To Be Working instead? Or something a little less snappy and more descriptive?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

ha I shouldn't tell anyone in here about what time I wake up then.I'll be blogocrucified

6:26 PM  
Blogger ichatteralot said...

Where is your peppy self these days???

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jellybutt said...

What happened to youuuuuuuuuuuu???? Write man, write!!!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home