Sunday, March 26, 2006

What the hell am I talking abt????

I had to visit Knowledge Village yesterday and its was weird to see groups of kids, sitting around, commenting on the passerby(But never me I am sure) and basically having a fun time. It gave me a severe heart ache....... tooooo many memories came flooding back.
Like my first day in college,
I was in a convent till my tenth and so the prospect of wearing jeans to college was in itself a great event. So i went, decked in brand new sneakers and jeans and t shirt........ ready to take on the world, which in my head consisted mostly of pamela and co. running towards me as in every baywatch episode. But reality, like maggi tomato ketchup, is different. What i did have is a few guys beat me up due to the fact that my sneakers were new(have still not figured out the connection, but that was the given reason). Actually a few of my school mates too got the same treatment from the 'Cobra gang' and that evening v had a council of war. So v formed a new gang called 'Vipers'. As anyone who has been in a campus knows, the basic duty of any gang is to harass as many people as possible and write their gang name on as many walls as possible. So v started off by writing our names on the walls and erasing off theirs. But, not the whole thing, just CO. So the next day when they came into college, they had become bra vinod, bra prasad and so on. The bruises from the beating they gave us after that is still scattered over my body.
But the crowning glory of that experience happened couple of months back....... I saw vinod of 'bra vinod' fame in Dubai. He was the security guard at an office that I went to for a meeting.HA!!

Thats what I love about life....... it more or less levels up.

Something that intrigues me is the fine line between fame and infamy. Hitler, cruel as he was, is one of the most famous names.... used even as an adjective nowadays.
Cruel people seem much less so after their death. If someone v hate dies....... the hate seems to die too.
This makes me feel that, v are actually programmed to b happy, to have fun and all that. So if happiness and fun for someone is hurting others, how is he or she wrong....... Ouch! I am trying to bite my own tail here.

So better stop now ....b4 i bite the whole thing off.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) just imagine my fate! i used to work there in KV for 3 months!
each day was torture! and al the funny things i did it school/college!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

can empathise......
at least something to look back on

5:35 PM  
Blogger Nautilus said...

Dude its better than having your teenage crush serve you food at a restaurant!! But I'm feeling really bad for "bra vinod" :-)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

wow......that takes the cake.... or whatever he was serving :-)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

Exactly.... I have no problems with being cruel, especially if i can meet all of the 'bra' gang scrubbing floors. Easier to kick them when they are down, literally:-)!!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger just another blogger said...

Btw... Was just curious, did 'bra-Vinod' recognize 'Viper-U'(I dont know ur name!!)???

Feel bad for the guy, but the hero(Viper G.) does always have the last laugh.. doesn't he?? :P



PS: Btw.. thnx for dropping in by my blog. Kinda feel ashamed to see the awfully low no. of posts in my blog now. Anyways.. would try to improve on that one.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

Of course, he recognised me.... would have been very hard for him not to, since i called him by name and commiserated abt his 'bad luck'.....

And the name is Trikkadeerimana
Rahul Trikkadeerimana...... doesnt have the same punch ...does it??

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rahul, me did some serious compilation...:-) read thru pls???

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew!! "BRA Vinod". that's what u call the height's of creativity. Lolz.

But, BTW, u should have taken him out for a nice lunch. (Just to rub it in further.. hehe)

8:34 AM  
Blogger ichatteralot said...

Thanks for dropping by. Now with your post, you really have me confused!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

@maya: Good post...and do forgive my loooong comments

@motu: Waste a dinner on him???...never!! Mayb shold send him a photograph of me dining at the Burj Al Arab....as soon as I can afford it:-)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Indianpeppone said...

@ichatteralot: i have no idea how i managed to do that..... but I assume its cause of the content of my post and my brief comment on urs.... I hate to write serious stuff....but doesnt mean that i cant appreciate it..:-)

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haii, need some clarification. even i was against a gang called COBRAS. it was in victoria college palakkad. are u reffering to the same one???

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home